Qualus is a leading provider of specialized engineering and technical field services. We offer competitive benefits as well as in-house career and professional skills development through QualU, while providing job opportunities in power systems engineering, field services, and turnkey project management.
Power your future with Qualus in our Substation Protection and Control department as a Protection & Control Engineer.
- Performs assignments independently with instruction as to the general results expected and with guidance from Manager of Engineering and/or Lead Engineer on unusual or complex projects.
- Provides technical direction and on-the-job training to drafters, engineering technicians, and less experienced engineers.
- Confidently and comfortably present technical solutions to key customers, respond in real time to technical, concerns and answer questions in a knowledgeable articulate manner.
- Participate in client meetings / job site visits to collect or deliver design and engineering data.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineer (BSEE) with a power systems focus. An MS Degree in engineering will be considered in lieu of the BS Engineering degree. International Engineering Degrees will be considered.
- 3+ years of experience with developing complete utility substation P&C engineering design packages, including AC one-line and three-line diagrams, DC schematics, logic and functional diagrams, panel layouts, interconnection diagrams, relaying equipment specifications and bill of materials
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) License, and desire to pursue Professional Engineer (PE) License
- Physical design experience in addition to Protection & Control (P&C) experience is a plus !
- Desire for continuing education and licenses
Qualus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
At Qualus, we believe everyone has value; and that the diversity and inclusion among our teams is what sets us apart for optimal success. We put people first because we care. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities. For details, view a copy of the Qualus Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement here.
Software Powered by iCIMS